Key points are as follows:
- Proactive Due diligent approach from a 3rd party expert to assess the property on an annual basis.
- Highlighting opportunities for Insurance discounts based on components and features of the home currently installed or recommended to consider.
- Serves as a 1-year warranty punch list for new construction to present to the builder.
- Evaluates work performed by contractors and other service work performed for safety and function.
- Boots on the ground vacation expert response for any emergency-related needs in homeowners’ absence.
Service may have interior limitations unless prearranged by the homeowner. And are limited to technical aspects of the home and would not include burglary or other law enforcement matters. Examples include checking doors for access, plumbing-related issues, and Storm damage concerns.
An APA (Annual Property Assessment) includes:
- The exterior of the home, including examining the siding, windows, and doors. We inspect for signs of water intrusion.
- Exterior water management–where does the water go after it leaves the roof?
- All intake and exhaust terminals (dryer, bath fans, kitchen fan, HRV, combustion air, etc.)
- Exterior faucets – are they winterized?
- Sump system
- Smoke and CO alarms
- Plumbing system
- Check drains for leaks.
- Check for leaks at water supply connectors, water lines, plumbing fixtures, and drains—both visual and infrared inspection.
- Combustion analysis at the furnace(s)
- Verify safe venting of furnace and water heater(s)
- Attic: inspect for signs of frost, condensation, leaks, and signs of pests.
- An APA (Annual Property Assessment) takes about an hour, and afterward, we deliver a written report with photos, similar to our home inspection reports. We also give a free subscription to HomeBinder, which is a great tool to help manage all the details of your home.